Last weekend I felt like experimenting a little in my kitchen. I didn't have the time or energy to cook up a big meal or bake a whole cake, but I was still itching to do something. Besides, we need to eat. So since I had some pears lying around, I decided to make a small, sweet snack with them.
I wanted to try something new, so I went for the sweet and salty combination of pear with soft goat's cheese, a strong raw oak honey and some lavender. I have to say, it tasted heavenly! The combination of flavours actually worked very nicely and the strong honey and fragrant lavender complimented the goat's cheese perfectly. It doesn't take much work at all and if you'd like to try it, read on. I hope you'll like it.
You will need:
- 2 firm pears
- 1 soft goat's cheese, mashed up
- strong honey - I used raw oak honey
And here's how it's done:
- Preheat your oven to 200C
- Slice the pears thinly, leaving the skin on
- Lay out the slices on a sheet of baking paper and bake them for about 1 hour, turning them half way through.
- Remove the slices from the oven and leave to cool.
- Top with a dollop of goat's cheese, drizzle some honey on and the sprinkle a little lavender on top.
- Put on a board to serve.